[General Hospital] The Catholic University of Korea Bucheon St. Mary's Hospital
|Fields||General Hospital,Health Screening,Dermatology/ Plastic Surgery,Dentistry,Ophthalmology,Woman’s Clinic,Otolaryngology|
|Address||Sosa-dong 2, Wonmi-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea|
Specialized Medical Dept.
Stroke/Endocerebrovascular Surgery, Endoscopic Thyroidtectomy, axillofacial (jaw and face) Malformation Surgery, Maxillofacial Trauma Surgery, Breast Reconstruction Surgery, Microsurgery, Aesthetic Surgery
Infectious Diseases Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology, Pumonology, Nephrology, Hematooncology, Respiratory & Allergy Internal Medicine, Anesthesia & Pain Medicine, Radiation Oncology, Pathology, Urology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Plastic Surgery, Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Radiology, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Otolaryngology, Rehabilitation Medicine, Neuropsychiatry, Orthopedics, Laboratory Medicine, Dentistry, Dermatology, Nuclear Medicine, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Established on Aug 5, 1958, the Catholic University of Korea Bucheon St. Mary’s Hospital has recorded the first success in kidney transplantation case and bone marrow transplantation within Seoul and Gyeonggi Province, the first approval for the execution institution of clinical study on medical devices, the firstly designated institution for organ transplantation registration as well as medical institution for organ(cornea) transplantation, the Asia’s first success in endocerebrovascular stent angioplasty, which proves that we are the representative university hospital in Korea and Asia. Bucheon St. Mary’s Hospital operates the “Medical Joint Treatment Center” for the first time in Korea extraordinarily contributing to the treatment of cardiocerebrovascular diseases and cancer with its ever superior medical services.
|Scale||All (Num)||BED (Num)|
|DOCTOR (Num)||Nurse (Num)|
|The business year|
|Aggregate Amount Insured|
|Medical quality certification||
Medical institution, certified by the Ministry of Health and Welfare
Special hospital Gyeonggi-do medical tour excellent cooperation organization
Subsidiary services for foreign patients
- Pick up & sending service, call center, wireless internet,
- tour package service available,
- European (Russia CIS) hospital meals,
- 1:1 interpretation service through a coordinator,
- managing reservations & testing schedules,
- The catholic university's guest house
- Bank in the hospital( exchange available)
Medical Care Costs
- Utilizing an endovascular access technique, without craniotomy to treat cerebrovascular diseases including cerebral aneurysm, vessel malformation, cerebrovascular stenosis/occlusion.
- Endoscopic thyroid removal through axilla, instead of thyroidtectomy through a cervical incision, the existing technique for cancer treatment, provides excellent clinical outcomes regarding pain and aesthetics.
Maxillofacial(jaw and face) Malformation Surgery
- With exact diagnoses utilizing cutting-edge devices and surgery planning via model operation on maxillofacial malformation including facial asymmetry, prognathy, short chin, exact orthognathic surgery is applicable based on orthodontics and relevant surgical techniques(analgesia and endocavity incision). If necessary, preoperative treatments may shorten the treatment period.
- Proud of treating the largest number, in Korea, of patients with maxillofacial trauma. The hospital also treats patients with various types of bone fracture including orbital wall fracture, nasal bone fracture, maxillary fracture, mandibular fracture, complex fracture as well as patients with maxillofacial trauma with soft tissue damage. Particularly, we employ MIS in the field of the maxillofacial trauma to acquire the patient’s satisfaction in view of aesthetics.
- Breast loss is a tremendously severe issue for women. In this regard, their satisfaction should be improved, eliminating the sense of loss, by reconstructing their breast immediately after the mastectomy or after a certain delay. Currently, the frequency of breast reconstruction placing autografts or artificial grafts is growing without complications at the donor site.
- Microsurgery accounts for a surgical technique utilizing a medical microscope. For the purpose of the reconstruction of loss or damage in body or when the part of body has been cut out including a finger, microsurgery is to be applied. In general, this procedure contains a step to close artery, vein, nerve, etc. of which diameter is about 1 mm.
- In many cases, Asian people have no eyelid, which makes their eyes seem rather thick. Double eyelid surgery has been popular as westernization has an influence over the aesthetics. In addition to the tarsoplasia through a traditionally formed incision, techniques to minimize scars including partial incision and buried suture method. Age-related eyelid and ptosis surgery has also been popular. Nasal plastic surgery includes deviated nose treatment and augmentation rhinoplasty for the purpose of a better shape of nose.
Sosa-dong 2, Wonmi-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea