[General Hospital] Ajou University Hospital
|Fields||General Hospital,Health Screening,Dermatology/ Plastic Surgery,Dentistry,Ophthalmology,Woman’s Clinic,Otolaryngology|
|Address||164 World Cup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon 443-380, Korea|
Specialized Medical Dept.
Thyroid Cancer Breast Cancer Cholecystectomy Pancreatic Cancer Kidney Transplantation Gastric Cancer Cardiovascular Diseases Coronary Artery Diseases Encephaloma
Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Endocrinology & Metabolism, Nephrology, Hematology-Oncology, Infection Diseases, Allergy &Clinical Immunology, Rheumatology, Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, Neurology, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Dermatology, Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Plastic & Cardiovascular Surgery, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Urology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine, Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, Laboratory Medicine, Pathology, Emergency Medical, Occupational & Environmental Medicine Department, Family Practice & Community Health, Dentistry, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Ajou University Hospital, which opened in 1994, provides the best medical treatment to patients and the latest medical information to health care providers. Ajou University Hospital has grown each year, guided by its mission statement: To lead domestic medical development through high-tech research. In the midst of countless changes and challenges, the promise of Ajou University Hospital is to be continuously devoted to improving your health, and to be on your side always. Over the last 18 years, Ajou University Hospital has made tremendous efforts to keep this promise, by employing experienced and competent professional medical teams, creating a pleasant medical space and introducing the latest medical equipment. Recently, a renovation of the main building allowed the creation of cancer centers focused on different organs and centered around the regional cancer center, as well as the creation of a gastroenteric disease center, a cardiovascular center, a cerebrovascular center, and an endocrine center, followed by the opening of a specialized well-being center with a space for disease prevention and medical check-ups. Ajou University Hospital is working consistently to improve patient satisfaction and treatment efficiency by reorganizing the treatment system centered on each disease. Ajou University Hospital was acknowledged for its world-class achievements in the area of patient safety and medical service when it received the JCI certification in 2011 as a result of its efforts. In addition, Ajou University Hospital was designated as a Cancer Center for Gyeonggi Province, with Southern Gyeonggi Emergency Medical Center and Gyeonggi Province Clinical Test Center. Ajou University Hospital is also responsible for national projects of various sizes. Recently, Ajou University Hospital received a first-class rank in the evaluation of death rates during gastric cancer, large intestine cancer, and liver cancer surgeries from the Review & Assessment Service of the National Health Insurance Corporation, showing the hospital’s excellent performance in the field of cancer surgery. Ajou University Hospital, internationally renowned for treating sea captain Hae-Gyun Seok after he was shot multiple times by Somalian pirates, is not satisfied to rest on its laurels and promises to become a hospital that can realize customers’ desires through continuous changes and developments.
|Scale||All (Num)||BED (Num)||1108|
|DOCTOR (Num)||635||Nurse (Num)||1085|
|The business year|
|Aggregate Amount Insured|
|Medical quality certification||
Medical institution, certified by the Ministry of Health and Welfare
Special hospital Gyeonggi-do medical tour excellent cooperation organization
Subsidiary services for foreign patients
- Pre-arrangement for inpatient or outpatient care
- Personal 1:1 walkthrough assistance for outpatients & inpatients in need of extra help
- Assist for Overseas Insurance Members
- Reservation service: Accommodation, Transportation
- Cell-phone rental
- Western food catering
Medical Care Costs
Thyroid Cancer Surgery
- Common Thyroidectomy or Robotic Thyroidectomy
- In the Breast Cancer Center, a breast cancer suspect may complete breast ultrasonography and cell/tissue tests in the very day of visit and verify the results less than 1 hour with a total period of 5 to 7 days on average from the diagnosis to operation. For this purpose, the Breast Cancer Center is equipped with ultrasonic and tissue test devices to identify a wide range of diseases regarding breasts, the newest Mammotome to easily remove the benign tumor without surgery. We also operate digital mammography equipment, cutting edge imaging devices including MRI, PET, CT, and FISH(fluorescent in situ hybridization) for the sake of rapid and precise pathological examination.
- Robots are replacing existing laparoscopes for gallbladder surgeries. Traditional, laparoscopic cholecystectomy is rather restricted technique in terms of 2D operating imaging that is different from the real conditions, short length and limited flexibility. In addition, the gallbladder is located adjacent to the surgery site and the surgery site is located at upper abdominal region, which induces sever pain for a certain period. To overcome those restrictions, robotic surgery has been developed. The arm of the robot is adequately long and very flexible, which enables the access site to be lowered below the waist, which promotes faster post-op recovery than that of laparoscopic surgery. One who does not want the scar to be shown, like unmarried women, entertainers and models, may enjoy the fact that nobody can identify the surgery scar.
- A living organ transplantation case requires the donor’s and recipient’s hospitalization from 4 to 5 days prior to the surgery for relevant preparation and pre-op procedures. The surgery is implemented simultaneously both to the donor and recipient. The medical team on the extraction side separates the surrounding of a kidney to be ready for kidney extraction while the another team on the transplantation side separates the vessels in the lower abdominal region of the recipient to be ready for its transplantation. When preparation is completed, the kidney extracted is connected to the iliac vessel of the recipient for the new kidney to circulate blood flow. The operation is completed by connecting the ureter to the urinary bladder with hemostasis. The operation time is on average 4 to 6 hours but depends on the conditions.
Any post-op immunosuppressive drugs should be administrated in a hospital that employs an appropriate physician who controls the procedure on site and is capable to exam the concentration of the drugs. The residence time in Korea required for this surgery is about 2 to 4 weeks.
- Various treatment strategies that raise the survival rate of a patient with gastric cancer.
The Ajou University Hospital Gastric Cancer Center is proud of an actual mortality of 0.34%, evaluated in a mortality research for gastric cancer surgery carried out by the Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service, which is far below the predicted mortality of 0.92% and verifies the surgery competency of our medical staff that is in the best level in Korea. For the purpose of an improved survival rate, the Gastric Cancer Center drives diverse treatment strategies considering the patient’s conditions and progression of the cancer, including endoscopic dissection, MIS and hybrid surgery.
Cardiovasular Diseases/Coronary Arterial diseases
- The patient-specific customized surgery strategies for angina pectoris; even a suspect can be excluded from, and the very critical patient may undergo the vasodilatation.
- High-risk patient requires precise examination: exact diagnoses via the closest examination minimizing the risk of surgery
- Joint treatment system: only 60 minutes for vessel opening of the occlusion in the emergency patient due to our independent emergency system, ACE
- The medical revolution, gamma knife technique materializes the dream of no-blood and no-pain by combining the cutting-edge technologies and medical science. The no-blood no-pain cerebral surgery utilizing the gamma knife against an endocranial lesion does not involve any incision or splitting of cranial skin or cranium and treats the endocranial diseases using gamma rays, of which technique records the largest number of success in the world.
The gamma knife radiation surgery is the most excellent in terms of precision and the number of patients who underwent this is 400,000 and counting, which accounts for its reliability superior to any other technique when assessed based on relevant objective data.
164 World Cup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon 443-380, Korea